ArcGIS Collector: Update Error Code 1006

Alright, this is the second time this happened to me, and I neglected to document it the first time, so I had to search again to find the answer, so I will document it here, and now. Here goes...

If you happen to come across ArcGIS Collector throwing an error when updating a feature, and the error states something along the lines of:
Invalid untrusted Html content detected in field:

Have no fear, there is a simple fix.  Well, that is, it's a simple fix if this is 'local' map, not accessible to the general public.  That's only because ESRI doesn't actually 'recommend' this fix.

So what is 'this fix' I speak of?
A little more background...
If you have any fields that contain HTML content, there is a chance that Collector could see that as malicious content, and it will block it.  You can see a list of allowable HTML tags in Collector a this link.

In my instance, I am running some database triggers to populate and update a URL field, where the URL content is used to display an embedded Google Chart in popups.  This works great! Until Collector see's the content and says "whoa, no, I cannot allow that".

As I said above, have no fear, we can fix this easily.  Goto your ArcGIS Server Admin page, select the Feature Service that is causing the problem and Edit the Feature Service.  Select the Capabilities item and select Feature Class within the Capabilities tab.  Near the bottom you will see a button labelled Advanced Options

Click the Advanced Options buttong and you will be presented with the following dialog.  Simply uncheck the Filter web content toggle and restart the service and the error will be gone.


Again, I hope this helps someone, or even myself in the future when I forget about this... again...

Take care
Warren M



Comments

Kishan said…
Thanks, your post is very helpfull, it works for me
thanks for your support
Anonymous said…
worked for me as well! Nice.
Anonymous said…
worked for me as well. Thank you!
Anonymous said…
Thank very much for posting this - solved my problem as well
Gregg said…
Great fix. Worked perfectly.

Popular posts from this blog

ArcGIS: Packaging error - General function failure

More ArcGIS Woes with 'Special' Characters...